Sunday, May 24, 2009

Using the Tablet...

It really is different. I'm liking it, but I had to adjust where it sits on my table and customize the responses. There are a lot of setting options possible with this tablet. Many people don't know that they can set their mouse to be slower or faster, to require a quicker or slower double click, or to be left handed, with the buttons swapped around. They just use the default settings. The default settings on a tablet don't work for me.

It will take some time and testing to find tablet settings that work best for me. When I try to do something and have trouble getting the tablet to work, I probably don't have it adjusted for how I expect it to respond. I open up the settings, slide some adjustment to be more or less precise and try again. When I don't have to think about it and it works, I've got the settings right.

I have also been thinking about the keystrokes and combinations of keystrokes that I use in Photoshop. I use Transform a lot so I set a key on the tablet to be the keystrokes that call up Transform. Other than that, I'm not sure what I will want that I will need to program into the tablet. There are a lot of keys and actions already programmed in.

No comments: