Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Struggle


I've got plenty of paper, I've got plenty of photos, but I haven't got an idea. Not a clue, not a hint. No dream guided layout today. I had one of those last week and it still took me all day to finish it. I pulled out my idea books and did I get any ideas? Just the idea to take a photo of the stack and blog about how I have no ideas. That isn't helping. I think part of my trouble is that I've got too many photos to scrap from our recent trip to Disney and I can't decide which set to scrap next. I had to give up on scrapping in chronological order. That dream guided layout? I could NOT do anything else until I finished it and it has thrown me all out of whack.

Does it help that I've got a cold? Not in the least. I've got one of those runny nose that makes you want to cough and sore throat that makes you not want to cough kind of colds. I can't decide if it's better to be on cold medicine or not. The cold medicine helps the symptoms, but not my ability to think. Thus I have sat in my studio most of the day, looking through idea books and getting nothing done.

Oh, Wonderful Husband did drag me out to the hardware store, where I spotted some chair rail molding that I will cut up to make a frame on the wall for my rail system in my scrap studio-to-be. Another brick in the wall of progress towards a much nicer studio. The one I have now isn't large enough and I have run out of stamp storage space. I'm really looking forward to using that set of shelves that I put up.

2 comments:

Lori Barnett said...

Hope you start feeling better...and get your creating mood back in full swing :) Don't worry...sometimes a mental break from stuff is nice. But I look forward to seeing -- something ;)

Rhonda Langley said...

I have been so busy cardmaking & setting up classes, & getting ready for a craft show that I have sadly neglected my scrapbooking. Then I look at the boxes of photos and get overwhelmed! Sooo I don't have a cold but I can relate to the don't-know-where-to-begin feeling. I think I'll eat some chocolate!!