Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Free Digital Scrapping Tutorials

What a teaser title! But I just wanted to point out that there is a lot of free digital scrapping instruction out there. You just have to search it out, download it and start going through the information. Here's a start.

Jessica has a blog. She puts up a Photoshop Friday entry and has an index to past entries.

Scrap Girls has a free e-book you can download with some basic tips and also has a daily newsletter with tips (and freebies) that you can sign up for.

Scrapper's Guide has a page of free tutorials and links.

Digital Scrapbooking Pages
has a link to their tutorials on the top left of the home page.

Digital Scrapbook Place has classes, a forum and a shop. Scroll down on the home page to find the tutorials on the left side of the page.

There are also plenty of podcasts on how to use Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, but these podcasts are targeted towards photographers or graphic artists. I'm a photographer, so I like the information, but it isn't often what a digiscrapper wants to know.

Just about every major digital scrapping site has a forum, where you can ask questions. Most have a newbie section, where you can ask newbie questions, or search for answers to questions that other newbies asked before you joined.

In short, if you don't know how, there's someone eager to teach you how, and a lot of the instruction is free. There is a caveat. Much of the free instruction is mixed in with a sales pitch. They are hoping that you will follow their instructions, buy the products that they suggest and become a loyal, regular customer.

I'm going to see how far I can get on free instruction. The digital class that I signed up for was a good one, but not the right one for me with the old, outdated software I own. Since I can't afford an upgrade, I've got to learn how to use what I've got. I think I can get pretty darned good, without paying for classes.

2 comments:

bensarmom said...

Thanks for all the great resources.

Kat said...

Thanks for the places to visit. Very helpful.