Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Big Project Progress

Scrapping Disney is my latest Big Project. I keep printing photos, much to the amazement of my Wonderful Husband. I'm putting them into the accordion folders I mentioned earlier and I'm sorting them by event and day. Sometimes, I'll put photos into an event category from a different day, just because the event was significant. I'm debating on continuing to do that, but in the long run, I don't think it will make that much difference and I can still find the photos when I want them. It's a molehill, not a mountain.

Another molehill is paper selection. What? Blasphemy! But it has to be a molehill. If I allow it to become a mountain, I'll spend all of my time selecting paper and I won't get anything done. I like to have a big pile of paper that all goes together, with some lights, some darks and an accent or two. Embellishments that go with the paper are required. Then all I have to do is select a layout plan and start cutting paper. For Disney, I can't glue much down before I test embellishments. That's my basic plan. We'll see how things work out in practice.

Today, I want to start creating actual layouts, instead of just printing photos and thinking about layouts. I also want to put the final layer of paper onto my shaker frame. I had a little problem with the glue earlier and I'll be using a different adhesive for my second try.

No comments: