Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Horrible Directions!!!

Agghh! I've gotten a set of directions on how to use a layered template along with my template. The directions are horrible. They are detailed, broken into small steps and there are too many variables that are left undefined.

For example, I must select the layer that I want to replace. But I don't know which layer I want to replace. Do I want to replace the top layer, the fold layer, the shadow layer, a layer on the template or a layer in my graphic? The variable is 'the layer' and it's defined as being 'the one I want to replace.' I don't usually replace layers. I add, edit, remove, or merge layers.

I have the feeling that I'm adding and then merging layers. That would give an end result of a 'replacement' but it isn't a replacement. It's a merge. To replace, one deletes the bad one and adds the good one. According to the directions, I never delete anything, but I do merge things. OK. I'll bang on this for a while and then, when I've figured out how these templates work, I'll write myself a better set of directions. I'm not going to go through this twice.

No comments: