Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back in the Groove

I hadn't actually done any pages for a while and that was bothering me. I'd been working on note cards, organization, and a busted water heater, but I had not completed any layouts. I went to my sorted photos, pulled out a set and put them to paper. It isn't that Great Getting Up Time yet, so I can't haul out the camera and photograph the two pager yet. I'll post it when I do.

In the meantime, I've pulled out another set of photos and, with only a brief pause to label my paper holders, I found paper that I want to use for a one page layout. I still have to select embellishments, but it's a step in the right direction.

Keeping my photos sorted is a huge advantage. As I get them printed, I put them into sets; usually no more than 6-8 in a set, and tuck them into Cropper Hopper photo organizers. When I want to scrap something, I just grab a set and get started. Stacy even wrote a book on sorting your photos called, "The Big Picture" on how to sort out your photos and get some work done. It's really easy for me to sort recent photos into event sets, but older photos, not so much. I don't worry about it.

I have been working with the same CH photo organizer for quite some time now. I finish a set, I add a set. It never gets empty, it doesn't get full. I kind of like that. It means I'm keeping up with events and not falling horribly behind. We won't look too closely at the number of organizers that are full and untouched. Noooo. Those can stay right there on that shelf.

No comments: