Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Save on Life to Spend on Art

I just switched us from one internet/cable TV service provider over to a different one. This will save us about $60 the first month and $30/month after that. The theory is that money not spent on cable TV will be spent on art supplies in one form or another. Saved 22 cents a pound on ground beef? Great! I can now spend an extra 66 cents on paper. This type of saving to spend makes sense. And since I used a coupon and saved 40% on a new trimmer, I can spend that $6 on a new stamp pad.

My goal is two fold. If we only earn so many dollars a month, and have to spend 95% of those dollars on things like a roof over our heads and food in our mouths, I have a limited number of dollars to spend on art supplies. I want to make that 93% on roof and food, and I want those art dollars to go as far as possible. I am an artist, therefore I clip coupons and shop for sales. I checked prices at no fewer than 5 places before getting a new memory card for my camera.

No comments: