Saturday, May 3, 2008

Challenged Out

I've been working through a set of challenges since early February. I'm toast. Toast, I tell you. Done to a tee. Crispy around the edges. Baked to a delicate crunch or quick fried to a crackly crunch, it makes no never mind. Put a rocker on that front porch, I'm through. I managed to turn out some lousy work that meets the -I will not say it- criteria of this challenge. I have also learned something. Do not participate in challenges that have not been completely defined before you agree to participate. 'We reserve the right to make up more rules as we go along' is not a definition.

On a completely different note, I was able to chat with an experienced digital scrapper this evening at the GNO (Girl's Night Out) crop. She turned me onto a digiscrapping seller that is just incredibly good.I added ZTAMPF to my links list, so go check her out! There is a whole pile of stuff in my wish list and I am not that kind of shopper as a rule.

I'd planned to purchase punches at today's crop and I started getting the Marvy Uchida basic shapes set. M-U makes square punches that nest and also squares with scalloped edges that nest and you can nest a plain square inside a scalloped square and vice versa. And then there are circles, ovals and hearts, too. It's quite the punch set and sold individually, not as an actual set. My goal is to have the squares, circles and ovals in three sizes for a total of 18 punches. I'm not that much into hearts. I got five punches today and that was all that I'd put into the budget. Later on, I'll create a little spreadsheet so I can fill in with punches gotten with coupons and save a few pennies. Today, I just got a class discount.

Happy National Scrapbook Day!!!

No comments: