Monday, December 10, 2018

Why is Easy so Annoying?

I got one of the 'No Sew Throws' to make as a gift. I quilt them and don't do that fringe-and-tie nonsense. This one has the lines to cut the fringe printed on the front. In big, fat, easy to see print. The marks don't wash out. Sigh. I need to cut my 72" throw down by at about 5" on each side before I sew it together. As I'm laying it out, getting ready to start trimming, I notice that the marks aren't even. One side is almost 6" and the others vary, down to 4.5".

Thank goodness I got this on sale. If I'd paid the full price for this project, I'd be even more irritated. As it is, I just get more and more grumpy each time I think about how much time and effort I am putting in to rescue a project that is supposed to be quick and easy.

No comments: