Monday, December 17, 2018

Designing a Tiny Home

I love looking at unique tiny houses. Not the shiplap, cookie cutter tiny houses for sale that are smeared all over Pinterest. I have realized several things. I would never want a tiny home with a foam cushion atop a storage box that calls itself a sofa. Nor would I have a television in my tiny home. I would require a place to sew and a place to sit and embroider or to knit. Bookshelves are a must. I'm not into composting toilets. I don't need or want a bathtub. A washer/dryer is a must. And most important, I don't need a kitchen with a four burner stove, full-sized fridge, and a farmhouse sink. Two burners are enough. A middle sized fridge is fine. A loft is not necessary, but a cupboard bed would be great.

My basement studio is 13' wide and 30' long. If the ceiling were higher, I could easily live in this footprint. That's almost 400 square feet. In tiny house space, that's a lot of space.

No comments: