Saturday, August 16, 2008

Watercolor Pencils

Thanks to a podcast on Scrap Time, I got a lot better at managing my watercolor shading. Two tips: with water brushes it is difficult to control how dry the brush gets. Work from the white/pale, towards the color in a circular movement and you get good blending.

But then I was looking at my set of 36 watercolor pencils and thinking that I needed a better range of reds. The question was, how to move from a set of 36 to a set of 72 without having an extra 36 pencils? Order them individually. Dick Blick will allow you to do that, so I did. Shipping is a bear, but not absolutely horrible, when you consider that I could not find individual pencils anywhere local. The only problem is going to be that I don't have a case that will hold 72 pencils. I have a case that will hold 36. Drat.

3 comments:

Lily said...

Thanks for the tip. I need to use mine more

Lily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
YMS said...

Hey Jean,
What do you think of our site www.MadisonArtShop.com?
Love & peace,
Sharon