Sunday, August 3, 2008

Scraproom Progress

I went to Loewe's yesterday and got a storage cabinet. It took three trips, because some of the hardware was missing or damaged, but I ended up with the right hardware, and plenty of it at no cost other than two more trips to Loewe's. The cabinet is 70 inches tall, 36 inches wide and can hold things that are 20 inches deep. There are shelves and a center divider inside. I currently have it filled with things that came off the bookcase that I'm painting, so I didn't take a photo of the interior. It's a fake pine covering.

I decided on a cabinet instead of a shelving unit because I don't like to have my stuff out in the open. I think things look cluttered that way and I'd rather have my stuff hidden behind doors that I can close. The cabinet is already placed in the room where it will stay. I measured from the corner, so when my big tables move downstairs, they will fit.

On the floor, you can see three shelves that I'm painting white. That's a part of my sewing storage and will end up in the opposite corner of the room. I have a white sewing table already and I wanted the bookcase to match it. I like white furniture for my craft space, what can I say?

The craft space re-do is going slowly. I'm thinking a lot about each purchase and addition before I make it. I want to have most of my placement of objects planned out in advance, and not higgeldy-piggeldy, put things in locations that don't work for me. My scrapping space will be a large L, with the short section to my right and behind me. When I sit in the corner of the L and face the window, I want to be able to easily reach a lot of my supplies without straining for them.

5 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Great cabinet that you bought! Good idea rather than shelving. I like your current workspace too! I recently moved upstairs, but my basement wasn't nice & bright like yours. Good luck with your re-do! (I can send you my address if you want to send me your OLD room...LOL)

Cris A said...

Looks like you're off to a great start! Can't wait to see the finished product. I need some inspiration for my space!

Dragana Skoro said...

I am working on my space too. Just kicked my hubby out of the office an taking it over... Come and see my room...

Melissa said...

I am so jealous! My scraproom is a mess and so tiny! Can i come over and play?

Unknown said...

It's getting there! I can't wat to see the finished product!