Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The New System

I'm working with a different system of creating layouts. I'm using my previews to find the papers and elements that I want in Bridge. I'm not just working with one kit.

I'm liking this a lot. I have all sorts of lovely elements that aren't connected to a kit. I've got things like overlays and frames and masks. I knew that I hadn't been using them, but couldn't figure out a way that I could start using them. If the old system is limiting, then try a different system.

Wonderful Hubby and I have a similar opinion of scrapping. If you don't build the page to focus on the photo, you are doing something wrong. the page is just a backdrop to make you look at the photo. If the first thing you look at is the frame, or that really nifty embellishment, it isn't a success. He really likes what I do and it doesn't really matter what it is, if it is a difficult technique or if it is something quick and easy. The goal is to showcase the photos.

No comments: