Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I refuse to pay that much!

I hit our local Jo-ann's today, to get fabric and a pattern to make some comfy lounging pants for my husband and his son as they visit and hang out this weekend. The fabric was on sale, but it was still a little more than I had thought it would be. When I got home, I dug through my pattern stash and realized that I didn't have a pattern!

Back I went. I picked up the pattern. I knew it was on sale. But the pattern rang up at over $10.00. I asked how much it was regular price and was absolutely flabbergasted. $15.99 regular price? Who are they trying to kid? It was a loosely fitted pair of sweatpants!

I didn't buy it. The idea that I'd be expected to pay $10 for a sweatpants pattern, just makes my frugal soul shudder in horror. I have more than enough pattern drafting experience to create a pattern for a pair of sweatpants. I am not willing to spend $10 to purchase a pattern.

No comments: