Monday, May 12, 2014

Can I Call You Stupid?

'Cause you are NOT my sweetheart, that's for sure! My 'handler' at the traveling company hasn't been paying attention. Each week, I send in a time sheet. It goes through her hands, listing each and every hour I work. It is now at the halfway point through my contract. She has only just now noticed that I am not getting 40 hours each week. I noticed that the first week.

Suddenly, There Is A Problem. I've been sending her my weekly time sheets. Now she wants me to tell her how many hours each week I've been really doing. Umm...Haven't I been sending her my time sheet? Every week on Monday? Signed by my site supervisor? On the form that she demanded that I use? In a format that she could read? Clearly stating how many hours each week I've been able to get?

This facility management does NOT allow overtime. There is a low caseload, there simply aren't people to treat. Therefore, the answer to her question about me making up time is, "No. It is not possible for me to work more than 40 hours in a work week. It will not be allowed." And furthermore, if she expects me to work six days a week, she's going to have to come up with a lot more money than my contract currently coughs up. Because I have a family and a life and requiring me to miss them is going to mean I need something in return. That something would be a great deal of cash.

No comments: