Thursday, January 7, 2010

Large Hands, Small Flash

My wonderful Hubby has large hands. He wears a size 13 wedding ring. I was using my on-camera, pop-up flash for New Year's photos. Not my fave, but I wanted to keep the camera profile small, and the SB-600 flash is not at all small.

The pop-up flash and my hubby's hands are not a good match. He can't hold the camera without blocking the flash. His hands get in the way. It looks like there is a finger over the lens, but you can see a barely exposed part of the scene, where the flash didn't reach.

I don't blame my wonderful hubby. One of the things I tell people, again and again is to go to the store and hold that camera they are looking at on-line. It might not fit well into their hands. It could be too big, too small, or the wrong shape for their hands to get to all of the buttons and dials and still stay out of the way of the flash and the lens. Different cameras fit different people.

My hubby can use the camera with the SB 600 flash, no problem. I'm going to have to remember that for the future and stop trying to be low profile and go for the photos.

No comments: