Monday, November 17, 2008

Product Review

About those downloads.... I am in general very happy with them. I've realized that Miki Ferkul creates sets of frames with ribbon wrapping them. I don't care for the ribbon wrap, it just isn't my style. But she doesn't include frames with no ribbon and it's a royal pain to try to cut and paste and merge and healing brush and whatnot to try to create plain frames. I do like the way she limits her bling. I'm NOT about the bling, so being able to limit what I use is good. If I wanted more bling, she has accents that are bling-a-plenty. While I won't get a lot more of her kits, I'm happy with the ones that I do have. If I find myself in need of 'girly' kits, I know just where I'll go.

I also got some accessories that are going to have to wait until I have Harley Davidson photos to go with them. Bud and I have been parenting and not riding very much.

The free 'Welcome Home' kit contains a heaping helping of accessories and paper, but it isn't really in colors and styles that interest me. It's a lot more 'country' than I will ever be. Remember when some women were decorating their kitchens with ducks? Yeah, it reminds me of that, but there's not a duck in sight. It's rustic, rural, homey, and not at all they way I live or scrap. I might use some of the bits, I probably won't. I'm glad I got the kit for free.

Legally, I can't sell it, or share it, but if I give it to a friend and delete it from my own computer, I'm OK. I should NOT use any part of it before I give it away, to be technically and completely legal. I don't think that will be a problem. The problem might be finding one of my friends that has that style of working. We are all pretty urban.

No comments: